Autumn HollowAutumn Hollow
A   NEW   HOME   CHRONICLE
Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

16 April 2006
China Cabinet Check A-OK
It's all assembled...took us hardly any time at all. The main part assembles just like one of the Billy bookcases. The trickier part is hanging the doors and getting them straight.

Then I unpacked all the china. It's not in the cabinet; it needs to be washed first after being in the attic since 1951! Sorry to say we had some casualties: a shallow small serving dish, two dessert plates, and a saucer. Also lost one of the saucers on what we think was Jadite, a set of four cups and saucers of pale green Fire King ware.

Also unpacked Mom's big Hamilton Beach blender. Am just going to leave it out on the microwave cart; it looks like a collectable. If I put a nostalgic tin or two near it, it will look like a display. And we can use it, too. :-)

Oh, well, have lots of washing coming up!!!

(Incidentally, have finally gotten all my collie statues unpacked. I think I need a shadow box for them all—I have twenty, plus a Royal Doulton china cup from Busch Gardens in Virginia with a collie on it.)