A NEW HOME CHRONICLE
Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net
05 April 2006Non-Microsoft Windows
I decided to finish the sidelights around the front door tonight since most of what needs doing is box shifting and I can't lift most of them.
There were three blocks on each sidelight that had a leaf in the center. I had frosted around each leaf; now I used the glass paints to create fall colors in the leaves themselves. I then set two leaves each in the five clerestory panes over the door and added fall colors to them. The surrounding panes will stay clear.
The blending went better on some leaves than others. Hopefully when they dry it will cover a few "sins."
After supper James installed the curtain rod mounts, so the "Falling Leaves" curtains are now up. James also mounted the fall print we bought from Zazzle.com, which is flanked on both sides by small fall-themed tiles we have had for several years. They are a bit small for the space; maybe we'll find something better when Michael's and JoAnn put out their fall things later in the summer.
The finished product:
On the left side of the mantel you can see the cute little "Maple Sugar Shack," complete with autumn leaves, that we found among the Christmas village stuff at Michael's last year.
A closer peek: my stitching corner: