Autumn HollowAutumn Hollow
A   NEW   HOME   CHRONICLE
Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

15 March 2006
Bookercize
I recommend the workout program, even if it does make your back and knees hurt!

I was on a roll last night—emptied a dozen boxes, probably more. Found all the Christmas books except for one box (the one with Gerald Toner and other mid-size volumes), found all the seasonal magazines, found the few Halloween books and the Thanksgiving books. The seasonal mags and fall holiday books are all shelved and I'm started on the Christmas books.

Found most of the children's books and have shelved through Jo Mendel (the Tuckers), others are on other shelves preparatory to shelving. Found Donna Parker, Trixie Belden and Maud Hart Lovelace's Betsy, but they're still boxed. Found the Whitman TV tie-in books.

Found and shelved all the travel books.

Found and shelved most of the history books (will make order of them later, putting the homefront WWIIs together and the Victorian/Edwardian ones, etc.); my Images of America books on Rhode Island and Route 128 are still missing in action.

Did dig up three boxes of television books and James brought them upstairs. I also culled my paperback television books out of the nonfiction paperback book box and am planning to put them upstairs as well. Found the radio books and another box marked "media books," but those haven't made it upstairs yet.

Speaking of discoveries, we had, for the longest time, been using a two-drawer filing cabinet as a stand for the scanner. Well, the scanner is now on a stand with the printers, and the filing cabinet got tucked into my craft room because I had all my manuscripts in it. When I opened it the other day I realized we still had a filing container full of 5 1/4 inch floppy disks (WordPerfect 5.1, etc.). Good grief. We haven't had a computer with a working 5 1/4 inch floppy drive for years. The things that get tucked away!!!