Autumn HollowAutumn Hollow
A   NEW   HOME   CHRONICLE
Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

06 March 2006
Speaking of Many Things
James nearly exploded at the designer of the bed last night. Everything went together wonderfully except for the four thin metal struts that went diagonally from the metal midbeam to the bed rails. They were installed with sheet metal screws and had to be put in upside down. Good grief! Who would have thought the hardest part of the job would come at the end?

For the headboard I have ordered a pair of keen headboard lamps from the Vermont Country Store. They not only clamp on the headboard instead of taking up space on the night table, but they have a built-in dimmer switch. The lamps we are using now can be re-used in the guest room and the craft room.

I did a stupid yesterday and forgot to take my Prilosec, then forgot I had and we had pizza for supper. Needless to say I was very sick most of the night with acid reflux, not to mention being woken up by what sounded like the panic button alarm from my car (James said we had a big clap of thunder in the middle of the night, so it might have been set off). I called in intending to go into work later and then ended up finally getting some sleep and waking up at almost noon. I can't believe I can sleep better in the daytime than I can at night.

I have got to quit forgetting the Prilosec; I don't want to end up in the hospital again.

I didn't want to waste the day, so I did get about five or six boxes empty and tidied up the laundry room and our closet. I found all my computer books, and, finally, the encyclopedia, but I can't put it back into the bookcase until we have nailed the shelf back in; it needs the extra support due to the weight of the volumes. Since this is the bookcase Pidgie's cage sits on top of, it might take us a while. I want to make sure he's feeling okay.