Autumn HollowAutumn Hollow
A   NEW   HOME   CHRONICLE
Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

21 March 2008
Around the House
Actually, "behind the house" describes the upcoming project better.

We feel it's time to get a fence around the property, or, more properly, the back of the property, since by the terms of the covenants, the fence can't extend past the back wall of the house. (I wonder how negotiable this is since the president of the homeowners' association has a fence that does come closer to the front, but it is an iron post fence rather than the privacy fence that surrounds the rest of the property. He did so to fence off the A/C unit away from his two big dogs.) It would be nice to let Willow run free in the back yard.

Kristi and Kelly across the street had quite a nice-looking fence put up around their property, so I was asking her about it at the homeowners' association meeting. She highly recommended the fencing company; while it wasn't the cheapest quote she got, they came on time, didn't leave a mess, were very professional, explained everything, and found the property line. Sounds good to me. I have arranged to have someone come over for a quotation next Thursday.

In the meantime, we have finally found homes for Mom's two end-tables that we brought home, but were displaced at Christmastime by a new side table next to James' recliner and a new night table on his side of the bed. One I had already placed in the library to hold the lamp next to the papasan chair. Yesterday after work I got a wild hair and replaced the table next to the futon in the spare room with the other end table. Now if we have guests, there is plenty room for them to put their things next to the "bed." I used the smaller table for the retro Crosley "Musician" that I bought a while ago, since my stereo system didn't play 78 records and I wanted to play Mom's old records. It's tucked nicely in a small corner of the spare room.

Labels: ,